Saturday, January 19, 2008

Another Freaky Friday Challenge -- Our Song

This week over at the Freak, our blog challenge was to post about "our song". Now this song could be with anyone, your spouse, a parent, a sibling, friend, worst enemy, etc.... Okay, I added in that worst enemy part just because I can and no that's not who I'm dedicating this post to. I've had "the song" with a few people in my life, most of them are no longer part of my life, but there is one who is still with me and hopefully always will be, that would be Daniel. He and I met working together at Wal-Mart in 1993. He used to stalk uhm I mean swing by the fitting room where I worked and say Hi and we became really good friends. He asked me out on more than one occasion and got shot down every time because we live in a very small "set in their ways" kind of town and the mixing of races isn't always smiled upon. I thought he was a fabulous guy and he made me laugh like no other. I continued my downward spiral of dating loser after loser but remained friends with him throughout and then finally I gave up on the prejudice thoughts of this town and made the move on him, LOL! We dated for about a year and a halfish and then we got married. Sure, not everyone in our families were happy but hey they got over it and we've been married for almost twelve years now and we have had two wonderful lil men to show for it! Seriously, they were awesome years even with the troubles we had to pull through. I love him like no other and I think he's just as giddy about me *wink wink*

Okay, nuff rambling. Our song came about simply because we didn't agree much when it came to music. I grew up country and he grew up loving rap and hip hop and those genres just don't mix well. There was one group that we both enjoyed -- Aerosmith -- and that's how our song came about. We both just love it and it became "ours". I decided rather than boring you with the lyrics that I would change my video box on here to that so if you haven't already silenced your computer to close it out then you should be well into the lyrics of "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by now, hehehe. And as for our mix of genres, well those have been fixed now because I can't stand listening to country anymore, go figure. Got tired of the heartaches and lost dogs/wives/money/beer. Before I run off I wanna share this pic of Daniel and I, it's a couple of years old but I love it and have scrapped it a couple times, think I might just scrap it again too, LOL!! Here we are:

Photobucket

Well I think I have rambled enough and tomorrow if I can get my brain together I'm going to come share some funny things I've found myself or that have been shared in various communities so until then ((HUGS))

1 comment:

Shannon Bogan said...

Awww, y'all are so cute together! I'm so glad y'all were able to ignore ignorance from others and follow your hearts.