Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gone Too Soon -- A Belated Freaky Friday Challenge

This week at ScrapFreak, our challenge for blogging was brought on by the sudden and tragic death of Heath Ledger. Out topic this week is our thoughts on celebrities that we think were taken too early and why we miss them. I'm not a HUGE person when it comes to focusing on celebrities (I will at the end) so for now I want to tell you about two stars in my life that are "gone too soon", two people that were ripped away from me and that I would give anything (well almost) to have them back.

The first is my mom, she was my absolute best friend, the ONLY person that I felt that I could trust 100% to always be there for me. The main person that I could tell anything to and not fear hearing her laugh at me. She was had the absolute best heart in the world, she was the type of person others would say is nuts because if she could bring a homeless man into her home and help him out onto his feet she would. She never turned away someone in need even if it did get her scammed in life a couple of times. I would love to find those people who scammed her today and just tell them what I think of them but I know she wouldn't approve of that. Anyhow, I miss her dearly. I miss not having her to call and bend her ear. I miss not having someone in my life that I know without a doubt that I can trust 100% with ANYTHING. I miss having my best friend around. I miss her smile and her laugh. She was the glue for my family and I have slowly watched it unravel without her which saddens me to a point that I can't describe. I miss her!

The second one is the one that I miss the most. My heart aches for him every day of my life, there's not one day that goes by that I don't think of him and remember him. That is my oldest son, Joshua. He was an amazing little boy and three and a half years of him is just not enough. To have him ripped away from me the way that he was is just so wrong, my heart still breaks for that. I wish that I could say that my memories of him are always good but sadly since I was there when we had our house fire and I was there when we let him go, those are often the first memories that come to mind. I hate that too. There are lots of good memories that I have of him, lots of things that I miss. I miss that little stubborn strut he got when he was upset. I miss how he always brought in a crowd with her personality no matter where we went, even in Wal-Mart. I miss his smile and the love that he had for me, his dad and his brother. He was the MOST loving little boy and he always looked for love and was always hugging and kissing us. I miss those hugs the most. He would have been 12 next week, I often sit and wonder how he would be, would he like sports, would he be smart like me, would he be as handsome as I imagine, there are just so many thoughts that race about him. I don't think my heart will ever heal properly but it does get a little easier each day.

Okay, I'm getting all teary so I need to get back to the "real" subject at hand. There are two celebrities that came to mind as soon as I saw our topic this week. The first is Anna Nicole, I know I know, silly and all but I really do hate that she was ripped from this world so soon after her little girl was born. It was so sad to see what her baby girl had to go through after she was gone, so sad to see her tossed around like that by some people that I think probably only cared about the money attached to her. Anna N wasn't so bad, she was rather funny at times to sit and watch her and she was a beautiful girl at all of her weights. The other person that immediately came to mind for me was Tupac Shakur, I LOVED that man's music. I miss his smile. I miss his songs. I miss oogling at him, you have to admit he was easy on the eyes, LOL.

Anywho.........that's my post for this freak challenge. I know it's not totally on topic but it's mine and now I'm done. I have to work the next few days so I won't be around. Holla!

3 comments:

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Oops! my DD deleted my comment from above.

{HUGS} I am so sorry for your loss. I love how you wrote this tribute to them.

Lukasmummy said...

((((hugs)))) it's so hard to lose a child at any age, my little guy was three months old when he died it doesn't matter how long you get it's never enough. This sounds like a great challenge hugs Crystal xxx