Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy turkey day everyone! We're all done with all our runnings for the day, thank goodness! We went to eat at dh's family's dinner and I fixed a small plate there and then we went to my dad's and I fixed a small plate there, LOL. I was really trying to make both of them happy by eating but not trying to go overboard either. The food was good but it really made me aware of how much I miss my mom and her cooking, she used to make the absolute best turkey! *sigh* I miss her! Anyhow, it was nice to have some family time with both sides :)

I haven't forgotten about that great big surprise I was telling you about on my earlier post. It's still going to happen, just got postponed a tad. I will come here and tell you all about it when it launches!

I would never have thought to look on eBay for Shutterfly coupons! Thanks to whoever mentioned it as DST because now I'm stalking the site trying to catch a good deal on a photo book or calendar, even greeting cards! I just think it's awesome! Have you looked there yet? There are some fabulous deals on stuff.

I just can't believe that Christmas is so close and I haven't even started shopping yet, that really sucks and I really dread it. I don't have a clue what to get for dh, I mean really NOT a clue!! I have Jacob all figured out, he's easy to buy for but just can't think of what Daniel might like.

I want to put a few things out there that I'm thankful for:

-- My husband and son, they are the light in my life and they are what keep me going
-- Having a good stable job in a world that seems to have started lacking those.
-- Having somewhere to go today to get a good hot meal with my family when there are so many people that don't get to experience that.
-- My extended family for being there when I need them to be
-- The three years that I got to spend with Joshua in my life and the 30+ years that I had with my mom, I miss them dearly now but I am so thankful that I had them in my life even if only briefly.
-- My boss. Now a lot people can't say this but I have an incredible boss. She listens to me, she cares for everyone on her team and if I'm really frustrated and need a good vent I can go in her office, close the door and do just that and she'll let me! She's retiring soon and I think it will be near impossible to replace her.

Well, that's it for now. I'm tired and need a nap, guess that tryptophan in the turkey has kicked in now, LOL. I hope you all had a fabulous holiday (if you celebrate) and I'll check back later!

No comments: